Upward facing dog pose is one of the most widely familiar and recognized yoga poses due to its numerous therapeutic uses and benefits. It is to be considered one of the most simple pose to practice and generally performed during the Sun Salutation Series.
Step to practice this yoga:
- Lie prone on the floor. Now stretch your legs back with the tops of your feet on the floor.
- Bend your elbows and spread your palms on the floor beside your waist so that your forearms are relatively perpendicular to the floor.
- Now inhale and press your hands onto the floor, now when you are trying to push your body forward along the floor, straighten your arms and lift your torso up and your legs needs to be a few inches off the floor on an inhalation.
- Keep your thighs firm and slightly turned inward, your arms firm and turned out so that your elbow creases face forward.
- Now you need to press your tailbone toward the pubis and lift the pubis toward the navel.
- Firm your shoulder blades against the back and puff the side ribs forward.
- Lift through the top of the sternum. Look straight. But do not compress the back of the neck and harden the throat.
- Hold it for 15 seconds or sometimes more, breathe easily.
Benefit of Upward facing dog pose:
Upward facing dog pose is also called Urhdva Mukha Savanasana is an invigorating backend that opens your chest and shoulders and strengthens your arms and legs.
- When you practice this pose linking breath to movement is very important because breathe animates and illuminates the pose and open your heart.
- When you do practice this upward facing dog yoga pose your heart lifts, your collarbones spread, your pectoral muscles broaden and expand movements your will want to accentuate in up dog and you will feel energized.
- Upward facing do pose will strengthens your arms, it helps to opens the shoulders and upper back, expands your chest, tones your legs.
- Among the several benefits this pose also improves posture, strengthen your spine, your arms and wrists, it firms the buttocks, stimulates your abdominal organs. Helps to get relieve from depression, sciatica and fatigue.