Massage therapy normally involves working and acting on your body with gentle pressure (Structured, Unstructured and Stationary) to move – tension, motion as well as vibration, done manually (by hand and fingers) or sometimes with mechanical aids, especially used for massage therapy. There are several benefits of massage therapy. Massage is applied with hands, fingers, knees, forearm, feet and elbows, or sometimes used massage devices as per the need of the clients. Depending on the application massage techniques are used. Massage therapy is widely used to promote physical and mental relaxation and well-being. Massage therapy is beneficial to treat sports injuries as well.
Why Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy is highly effective for reducing other problems. It affects the musculature of the body, such as postural misalignment as well as other painful conditions. Massage can be sexual in nature. You can see Erotic Massage to know more about it. Many people believe massage therapy is a part of alternative medicines. It is an approach or application by which one can relieve joint pain, muscle pain, headache, stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, musculoskeletal pain, injuries and more. These are some of the benefits of massage therapy. Some people think massage therapy is more than the relaxing me-time. Research on massage continues to prove the mental, physical and psychological benefits of massage therapy. Most of the people get the
- Research on massage continues to prove the mental, physical and psychological benefits of massage therapy. Most of the people get the benefits of massage just in a single massage session.
There is no denying the benefits of bodywork and no denying the benefits of massage therapy. Regardless of the objectives of massage we assign to pampering, therapeutic or rejuvenating or the other reasons to take massage, it is undeniable that massage can be a luxurious treat, stress, headache and pain relief & pain management. It is proved that massage therapy can be a powerful ally in healthcare regimen. If you need to have a session of relaxation, if you want to reduce muscle ache & tension or attain the relief from chronic muscle pain, you can reap the benefits of massage therapy. A therapeutic massage can improve your overall sense of emotional as well as physical well-being. Massage therapy can be an essential part of your health management by eliminating, minimizing or reducing ache and pain.
- A therapeutic massage can improve your overall sense of emotional as well as physical well-being. Massage therapy can be an essential part of your health management by eliminating, minimizing or reducing ache and pain.
These days, whether you need or wish to have a massage session, you can choose a massage style from Eighty Massage Therapy or styles with a wide variety of soft and hard pressures, movements and techniques applied. These all massage involve pressing, gentle rubbing, manipulating the muscles and other soft tissues with hands, fingers and sometimes using mechanical devices. Often using forearms, elbows or feet. You will have hundreds of benefits of massage therapy. Read our massage therapy page in full and you will know the pros and cons of massage.
- In accordance with a survey conducted by AMTA i.e. American Massage Therapy Association in 2007, almost a quarter of all adult men and women in America had at least one or two massage session in the previous year. And, they have found a wide range of reasons and benefits of massage therapy doing so.
- These days, more and more adult people — especially baby boomers — recognizing the health benefits of massage therapy. They select their desire massage styles/techniques to get relief from the symptoms or the problems they are facing, heal injuries and to help them with certain health conditions and especially to promote living pain free lives.
- Top 10 Massage Therapy Benefits, Massage Types and Techniques
- 100 Therapeutic Benefits of Massage Therapy for Health and Wellness
- Massage Therapy Improves Body Posture I Massage Therapy for Relaxation
- Health Benefits of Massage Therapy I Massage Therapy Reduces Stress & Tension
- Massage Therapy Improves Blood Circulation I Massage Reduces Muscle Pain
- Swedish Massage I Trigger Point Massage I Biodynamic Massage
Mental, Physical & Psychological Benefits of Massage Therapy
You might think what are the exact benefits of massage therapy or bodywork treatment? How massage therapy techniques can help you feel better? Though, these are normal questions most of the people asked. If you have not taken a single massage session you will not be able to understand the techniques and benefits of massage therapy. The styles of massage are many.
- In short massage therapy can be used to relieve stress, tension, headache, body ache, lower back pain, upper back pain and much, much more. It depends on your health issues, and according to the issues, your massage therapist will advise you to take one or more particular massages.
- It depends on your health issues, and according to the issues, your massage therapist will advise you to take one or more particular massage.
- There are hundreds of massage styles you may found in different sources mentioned, but some massage techniques are outdated and most of them are not applied these days. There are surprising benefits to be attained through regular massage if you take massage from a registered and certified massage therapist.
- There are surprising benefits to be attained through regular massage if you take massage from a registered and certified massage therapist.
- Massage therapy relieves stress, relieves headaches, depression, migraine pain and anxiety.
- Massage therapy encourages relaxation, helps to reduces neck pain, lower back pain, and reduces the ache of frozen shoulder.
- Massage therapy improves circulation and lower blood pressure.
- Massage therapy relaxes muscles, improves flexibility and range of motions. It promotes deeper and easier breathing. It strengthens the immune system as well.
- Massage therapy enhances post-operative rehabilitation and improves rehabilitation after injury, post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Massage therapy is good for diabetes. It helps to cure insomnia, helps to cure asthama and helps to cure osteoporosis.
- Massage therapy helps to pump oxygen, nutrients into tissues and vitalize organs. This therapy reduces spasms as well as cramping.
- Massage therapy improves immunity power by stimulating the lymph flow, i.e. body’s natural defense system.
Nowadays stress is running after almost every person around the world. For sure eliminating stress, depression, anxiety and pressure which are common to man, without any doubt, can be reduced with the help of massage therapy. The benefits of massage therapy and its results can be seen like this:
- Decreased Anxiety
- Improved Sleep Quality
- Enhance Greater Energy
- Increase Concentration
- Deep and Relaxed Breathing
- Increased Circulation
- Reduced Fatigue and Depression
Research also found that the enormous benefits of massage therapy or touch (massage) which can be a great application in treating chronic diseases, different neurological issues as well as other injuries, and more importantly in alleviating the tension and stress of modern life-styles.