Meditation is simple. It is a way that helps us to concentrate in mind on the origin of consciousness within our mind. Meditation often called one of the best ways to attain the path of spirituality or self-realization. Meditating just for a few minutes can make a huge difference in your mind.
Click here to know more about – How Meditation Just for A Minute Can Change Your Life.
Meditation Is A Single Pointed Concentration
Meditation is a system by which an individual trains his or her mind or induces a mode of self-consciousness. The term meditation refers to a huge sense and in variety of practices. Sometimes it says to promote relaxation, build internal energy, develops concentration, develop compassion, love, patience, generosity and forgiveness. In general, meditation helps an individual at effortlessly sustained single pointed concentration, analysis and help to enjoy an indestructible sense of well being.
Meditation sometimes involves an internal effort to self regulated the mind in some way. It is also used to treat mind and health related issues, such as depression, anxiety, blood pressure etc.
Meditation is very old in India. Buddhist monks use to practice meditation to get involved in the awareness in their day-to-day activities as a form of mind training. Prayer beads or other forms of rituals objects are generally used during meditation in order to remind the practitioner abut some aspect of training. It sometime used to practice for the purpose of analyzing anger, hatred, agony, depression etc. It often involves repeating mantras and closing the eyes to insert in the deep state of subconscious mind. The mantras are chosen according to its suitability to the individual mediator. There are dozens of styles of meditation are used in recent practice.
History of Meditation
The history of meditation is intimately bound up with the religious context within which it was practiced. If we see history of ancient times or the old civilizations of human being, there, meditation generally used for worship of Gods using different repetitive, rhythmic chants and offerings. Meditation can be found in different cultures and traditions, like Buddhism, Tibetan, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Jain, Judaism, Sikhism and more.
Click here to know more about – Meditation in Different Cultures and Traditions
The New Trends of Meditation
Now a days, meditation is often influenced by Eastern Philosophy and mysticism. Yoga, Buddhism, Hinduism, may contain some degree of Western influence. In the Western communities, meditation is generally practiced for the serenity and balance to access to other realms of the mind to the concentration of energy for the supreme path of Samadhi, which was in the ancient Yogic practice of meditation.
Click here to know more about – 23 Types of Mediation Techniques
The Benefits of Meditation
Meditation can be an effective tool or form of stress relief, relief from depression and anxiety, and has the potentiality to improve quality of life. Meditation also helps us to decrease various health issues. It is also very beneficial for thoughtless awareness in which, when stress produces activity of our mind is neutralized.
Let us see the Physical and Mental Benefits of Meditation, which is an essential practice of mental hygiene.
- Meditation calms your mind.
- It is good for concentration.
- It improves your clarity of perception.
- It helps you improve your communication, blossom your skills and talents.
- Apart from other benefits of mediation, it helps unshaken your inner strength.
- It heals your mind.
- It has the ability to connect your inner source of energy.
- Relaxation, good luck and rejuvenation, all are the benefits of meditation.
- Meditation helps you coordinate all the work done by the organs and the cells in your entire body.
- By practicing, you can enter a state of silence mind, where your senses send you direct portrait of the earth.
- Constant and serious practice of meditation can prevent different mental illness.
- It prevents stress from getting into the system, releases accumulated stress that is in the system.
- Benefits of meditation, like control of high blood pressure, reduces anxiety, reduces tension, headaches, insomnia etc.
- Improves behavior and mood, improves energy level, improves emotional stability and develops introspection.
- It helps us to gain clarity and happiness of mind and thoughts, expand your consciousness and brings perfection of life.
- You can improve our life style and can make our life healthy in mind by doing regular meditation.
Easy and Effective Tips of Meditation
Mediation tips and techniques can help beginners to advanced practitioners. These are simple, even effective to have a deeper-meditation-experience.
- Choose a convenient, peaceful and silent place, find a specific time to mediate, and sit for meditation at the same time.
- Do not eat full stomach, just sit with light stomach and sit comfortable when you decided to meditate.
- You can do a warm-up exercises and deep breath.
- Give a smile, feel relaxed and start your meditation.
Click here to know more about – Effective Tips of Meditation
Meditation is a practical thing and it can be practice anywhere without any extra cost. We can get lot of benefits of meditation. Practicing meditation is good for your health. At present time, many doctors and scientists accept the good affect of meditation. They believe it is good for relaxation, anxiety and stress relief. It has a significant health benefits. It has gained an immense popularity almost every sphere of our life. It is very popular in every society and in country.
Meditation is one of the ways a person can get the path of spirituality. It helps us to enter in our inner world and experience the path of spirituality.
The main aim of meditation is to realize one’s identity and the core of inner being. Yoga describes, there are two levels of inner-self. One is mental or emotional and the other is spiritual. This mental self is called individual mind. It is strictly related with our physical body. The sense of self-awareness comes from our inner-self or mind and consciousness. The philosophy of yoga says, the never-ending consciousness is consistent and everlasting and the fundamental part of our ultimate spiritual Self-realization.
How to Meditate
- Choose a clean and peaceful place, free of distraction or a room at your place.
- The room or place can be open or closed, better if you inhale fresh air.
- If you do not find time, you can mediate at office, sitting in a comfortable chair, but if you are at home, try to sit at Padma Asana (Lotus Pose) and start meditating.
- Use soothing light and sufficient ventilation, no noise, the place should be peaceful and calm.
- You can try the guided meditations, but it is good to start with a group.
- Meditate at the same time, regularly, so you will be habituated with the time. Early in the morning is a good time.
- Do not do many times a day, do on a regular basis, at the particular time. It is good if you practice 10-15 minutes every day.
- Importantly, the mobile phone, switch it off, till your meditation time is over.
- Wear comfortable clothes only.
Gurus (Masters) of meditation recommend to practice at least 15 – 20 minutes at the beginning stage. Later on one can practice 30-35 minutes. It will help you to gain a good result, although some people favor to meditate for a long period and experience the significant benefits of meditation. How much you get out of your meditation is up to you what endeavour you put into it.
Click here to know more about – The Difference Between Yoga and Meditation
Click here to know more about – The Difference Between Meditation and Prayer
Science refers to the systematic body of knowledge that humans have acquired by many researches. But the yogic perspective to spirituality used reasoning and attention to get the inner-truth and inner-consciousness; therefore it can be a science. Meditation sometimes called as an “Institutional Science”
We all knows that Gautama Buddha was a monk, and so many monks were in the earth who never married but we would found many great spiritual teachers were married. It does not mean that you need to be a monk and you have to stay apart from your family, if you wish to practice meditation. It is fully up to you how you think your life and which path you want to choose.
Click here to know more about – Yogis
Yes it is true; to practice meditation you should have a lone place, where you can touch your mind and body into a single point. Meditation is a thing that can be practiced by anyone. For instance, at present time it has been recommending by doctors, fitness experts and yoga guru. The usefulness of meditation is no doubt great. It also helps us to cure certain diseases.
There is no cut and dried rules are available that you have to follow to practice meditation or to get success in the spiritual path.
Click here to know more about – 6 Stages of Meditation
Click here to know more about – Why Active Meditation is Important – Osho
I have used guided meditation in my English classes with great success. Thank you for listing all the avenues of use.
Thanks Mam, it is my honor that you have appreciated my blog and its articles.
Thanks once again for visiting my blog.