Shiatsu often called Shiatsu massage. This massage is used to treat different chronic ailments, such as insomnia, fibromyalgia, muscle pain, neck pain, back pain, joint pain, PMS, acute upper and lower back pain, chronic fatigue syndrome, arthritis, asthma, sciatica, migraines etc. Shiatsu is also used in massage therapy for reducing stress, musculoskeletal pain and anxiety. Shiatsu massage is a form of Japanese bodywork. This massage uses different types of localized finger pressure in a rhythmic way on acupuncture meridians. Each pressure point is generally held for 2 – 8 seconds to enhance the energy flow and help your body regain the balance.
Benefits of Shiatsu Massage
The majority of people pleasantly surprised in the time they try shiatsu massage for the first time. Shiatsu is widely used as relaxation massage. During Shiatsu massage the pressure is firm and you will not feel soreness afterward. If you want to take a Shiatsu massage you should consult your massage therapist first. Let us read the benefits of Shiatsu massage.
- Shiatsu massages sometimes called acupressure therapy. It helps stimulate the circulation in capillaries of your skin’s soft tissues.
- Shiatsu as well as acupressure massages help in alleviating the symptoms caused by muscle, musculoskeletal pain and/or arthritis.
- Shiatsu or acupressure massages help in aiding migraines and headache by relaxing the body. This massage helps increasing blood flow as well as blood circulation throughout your body.
- Shiatsu massage helps to aid women during monthly cycles, menstrual cramps, depression etc.
- Shiatsu massage is good for pregnancy. It helps women in labor as well as babies turn in the womb.
- Shiatsu massage can induce labor in women who are generally overdue. This massage helps ease morning sickness and swelling sometimes caused by pregnancy.
- Shiatsu massage is helpful in aiding the circulatory as well as digestive system. A gentle Shiatsu massage can help you improve blood circulation as well as cellular nutrition throughout the body.
You can learn the basic of Shiatsu massage techniques at home. It is easy with the help of DVD and some good Shiatsu massage books. Shiatsu massage can also reap huge benefits to learn and practice the basic techniques at home. When you decided to take Shiatsu massage session you should consult only an experienced massage therapist. You need to feel comfy with the massage therapist during the massage session. A Shiatsu massage session generally last from 30 -90 minutes, though the cost of the session depends on the country you live, massage therapist experience etc.