Paschimottanasana is also known as “Intense stretch of the back body” is a very well-known seated forward bend Pose. Many people try to avoid this pose because many of them have tight legs and hips. But regular practice can give you immense benefits. It is one of the best yoga poses to beat premature ejaculation. This asana also very much helpful to strengthen the sperm and make semen more potent. This pose also enhance human’s metabolism.
Steps to practice Paschimottanasana or Seated Forward Bend Pose:
- Sit with both of your legs extend out on the ground.
- Now grasp the big toe of the feet with the index finger and thumb.
- Now, slowly exhale and try to bend ahead and try to connect your forehead to the knees. The main thing is that your elbows need to connect the ground. In this moment you should not breathe in.
- Stay in this pose for at least 5-6 counts according to your capacity.
- Inhale properly as you rise back to the sitting position.
Benefits of Seated Forward Bend Pose or Paschimottanasana:
- Paschimottanasana is an excellent Yoga. It makes the breath flow into the Brahma Nadi, Sushumna, and arouses the gastric fire.
- It minimizes fat from the abdomen.
- It is especially practiced for obesity and for the expansion of spleen and liver.
- This pose Cool the brain, calm the mind, and rejuvenate your body.
- This pose is very much helpful for fatigue, headaches, and insomnia.
(Do this seated forward bend pose / Paschimottanasana when you physically or mentally feel fatigued.)
Caution: Whether you are suffering from back pain, ache with your spine then you should not try this Paschimottanasana. We recommend you to consult with a qualified yoga trainer to avoid injury and to practice this pose properly.