New mothers who take massage feel soothing affects from inside out. They feel cool and calm after a single massage session. Massage therapy for new mothers often called postnatal massage therapy. There are immense benefits of postnatal massage therapy. If you are a new mother you can take the advantages of postnatal massage. The postnatal massage is a full-body soothing massage that is generally provided to a new mum, everyday or every alternate day as per the demand, sometimes upto 40 days after the birth.
Who Provides This Postnatal Massage?
Not all massage therapists are expert in providing postnatal massage. Generally, MAALISHWALIS or MAALISHWLIA or JAPA maids are specialised in providing this type of postnatal massages. If you are new mother, you can hire a maid at your home to get the benefits of postnatal massage therapy. The JAPA maid either comes once a day to your home to give you the massage or ask you to come to her premise for first 40 days to help you out.
The Benefits of Postnatal Massage Therapy
- A postnatal massage therapy will help you:
- It helps ease the sore spots and relax your muscle tension. (This is particularly good, as the entire process of childbirth has been a strain on your body.)
- It is good for your abdomen, lower back and hips.
- It is good for your upper back as well. The upper back of yours could be the sore whether you are breastfeeding.
- One of the main benefits of postnatal massage therapy is to increase the flow of blood and oxygen to your muscles and helps you get rid of toxins.
- Postnatal massage helps you relax. It encourages your body to release endorphins, which is called the natural painkillers and makes you feel good that is also called feel good hormones secreted from your brain.
- It helps you improve the well-being and immunity by stimulating the lymph flow.
There are many benefits of postnatal massage therapy, but nothing else, this massage can give you some time spend alone. The break time that will give you strength to meet many different needs of your baby and home. Many new mothers feel they get help unwind for a nap whether their babies sleep.
The JAPA maid usually starts giving you massage from your feet and move upwards till they finish off with the head massage. The benefits of postnatal massage therapy are undeniable. This is a kind of full body or part body relaxation massage. This massage can bring the relaxing effect of your body and mind. One thing you should keep in mind is, you should take care of your baby while taking the postnatal massage. If your baby has grandmother, you can ask her to take care of during the session. You may feel very nice practice of the postnatal confinement period.