Corpse pose is also known as Savasana. To know more about Corpse Yoga Pose Benefits and How to Practice this yoga pose, read this blog. This pose is the final pose in any yoga class and due to that, it is sometimes called as Final Relaxation Pose.
The corpse pose may look like a simple asana but this exercise needs a lot of concentration and will give benefits through continued practice. The corpse yoga pose benefits are much more than just physical – this pose enhances and renews the body, mind and as well as the spirit.
Corpse pose yoga is not a nap time; you should not fall asleep when practicing this yoga. The actual motive of this yoga style is to make you remain present and aware for the whole duration of this pose. When you go deeper, you can be able to release the complex knots of your emotions and ideas that unconsciously guide your life and you can make yourself free to become more concrete and complete in your true essence.
- To practice the corpse pose yoga at first you have to lie on your back with hands by your side, put your legs straight.
- Now rest your hands about six inches away from your body with your palms up.
- Then let your feet drop open and close your eyes. Your whole body should be in relaxed mode and you are not holding onto anything.
- Now take a deep breath in and then completely exhale.
- You should allow your body to feel heavy on the ground.
- Slowly scan your body with your breath and consciously release every body part, organ and cell.
- After that relax your face and let your eyes drop deep into their sockets. Now try to invite peace and silence into your mind, body, and soul.
- Finally you have to stay in this pose for five minutes for every 30 minutes during your practice.
In the exit process of corpse pose, at first begin to deepen your breath. Now roll to your right side and take rest for a moment. With an inhalation slightly press you into a comfortable sitting position. Next, your head should be the last thing to come into place. Not but the least, carry the peace and stillness of corpse pose with you throughout the rest of your day.
Corpse Yoga Pose Benefits:
- It decreases heart rate and slows down the rate of respiration.
- This pose decreases blood pressure, muscle tension and metabolic rate.
- On the other side corpse pose mitigates the occurrence of headaches.
- It gives you relief from fatigue and insomnia, from anxiety and panic attacks.
- And most of the all this pose heightens self-confidence.