Do you know how to do Aerial Yoga? Have you heard the name Aerial Yoga? This yoga is often called AntiGravity Yoga. Hearing the name, you must think, what are the benefits of Aerial Yoga? How will it be helpful for your life? Let us discuss…………
Aerial yoga or AntiGravity yoga is not like other traditional yoga pose or asana that has a hard and fast rule to follow. Yes, you need to follow some basic things to practice this yoga, but not that much.
The benefits of Aerial Yoga at a glance.
- It improves the flexibility of your body.
- It helps you to move more independently.
- It helps you move your body more freely with less effort possible by way of counteracting gravity.
- If you are a yoga addict, then you must know that yoga helps release tension from mind and body. It is also a bridge between mind and body connection, so this Aerial or AntiGravity yoga is not an exception.
- Suspension in the air helps to release tension on your bones and muscles. It helps increase flexibility as well as deepening your practice.
- This is a part of suspended yoga, which helps to strengthen your core muscles, increase spinal and shoulder.
Aerial yoga is a combination of traditional yoga poses that suspended with soft fabric hammocks. With the help of gravity as well as hammocks, you can easily explore floating, fluid movements and build space in your body. You do not need to compress your joints and spine. Day to day practice will help you fee exquisite.
What is AntiGravity?
Here we have used a word called ‘ AntiGravity’, it means an idea of creating or building a place or object that is completely free from the external force of gravity. Though, it does not say the lack of weight under gravity experience in free fall.
Who Is the Innovator Aerial or AntiGravity Yoga?
AntiGravity yoga is one of the most popular yoga and a new kind workout that is invented by well-known aerial performer Christopher Harrison. He is a former gymnast. He combined a serious of workout, which is inspired by yoga, Pilates, Calisthenics and Aerial acrobatics in a hammock-like apparatus, in order to attain total body workout.
As discussed above the benefits of Aerial Yoga are many. Sometimes Aerial or AnitGravity yoga is known as complete body workout having top ten benefits of Aerial Yoga.
Top Ten Benefits of Aerial Yoga
- It helps to tone the muscles and joints.
- It helps to rebuild your emotional system.
- It helps to release tension from the bones and muscles.
- It helps to improve your body’s overall flexibility.
- It heals back pain.
- It helps increasing overall body strength.
- It helps improve your body balance, which is a key component of everyday life.
- It is good for digestive issues.
- It is good for old age and heart issues.
- It fortifies neural connection, thereby improve your memory.
The above-described benefits of Aerial Yoga are not all, but a few. Start practicing this yoga with the help of a yoga trainer, day by day you will see more improvement and benefits. It is a combination of traditional yoga poses, pilates and dance with the use of hammock aerial yoga.