Whether you have had any kind of stomach surgery in past, you should avoid Kapalbhati (Shining Forehead Breathing Exercise) as well as Agnisar Kriya up to nine months at least.
Yoga relieves us in different ways from various illnesses, but it can also create problems whether not practiced properly. Here is what you should follow and bear in mind before you start practicing yoga, so that you can do Yoga for healthy mind & body.
- Yoga experts and physicians seen that back pain is nothing but a universal health problem at present day sedentary world. Most of the people suffer from different types of back pain issues and must refrain from extreme forward as well as backward bending yoga or asanas such as, Surya Namaskar, Padhastasana, Trikonasana, Chakrasana and more. And, also you should give up some postures that expect you to sit in cross-legged positions.
- Whether you are suffering from neck pain then you should avoid forward-bending yoga.
- People who are suffering from hernia should not try backward-bending yoga.
- People who have high blood pressure should avoid fast-breathing exercises such as Kapalbhati as well as Bhastrika Pranayama. Also, avoid yoga poses that put much pressure on the head like Uttanpadasana and Sarvangasana.
- If you suffer from knee pain, you should avoid knee bend poses such as, Vajrasana, Padmasana or any type of cross-legged poses.
- People who are suffering from asthma should avoid any fast-breathing exercises like Kapalbhati ((Shining Forehead Breathing Exercise). But you can try breathing exercises that are usually done at a slow speed only.