Wheel pose is also known as urdhva dhanurasana or chakrasana yoga. There are so many Benefits of Wheel Pose Yoga. Let us see how to practice this yoga and how to reap the Benefits of Wheel Pose Yoga.
- To practice this pose at first you have to lie down on the floor or on the yoga mat in a flat position.
- Then you have to bend your knees and do set your feet on the floor.
- Keep your heels as close to your sitting bones as much as you can.
- Then do bend your elbows and do open your palms and make your palms wide and place them besides your head on the floor, fingers pointing towards your shoulders.
- At the second step, press your inner feet down in to the floor, then exhale and push your tailbone up towards the pubis, keeping firm your buttocks, and lift the buttocks up.
- At this stage keep your thighs and feet parallel.
- Take few breaths (2 or 3 breathes). And after that firmly press your inner hands into the floor and keep your shoulder blades against your back and lift up onto the crown of your head.
- Do keep your arms parallel and again take two or three breaths.
- Thirdly, do press your feet and your hands into the floor, keep your tailbone and shoulders blades back.
- And then with an exhalation lift your head off the floor and straighten your arms.
- Then turn the upper thighs slightly inward and then firm your outer thighs.
- Keep your hip points in a narrow pose and lengthen the tailbone toward the backs of the knees, lifting your pubis toward the navel.
- Fourthly, then turn your upper arms outward and keep the weight according to the bases of your index fingers.
- Then spread your shoulder blades across your back and let your head hang or lift your head slightly to look down at the floor.
- At the final stage, to come out from this stage, do exhale and make your body lower down to the floor as you can look at the ceiling, chin to your chest.
Do hold this pose anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds or more, breath easily and to get better result do repeat this pose anywhere from 3 to 10 times.
Benefits of Wheel Pose Yoga:
- It helps to make strengthens your arms, wrists, abdomen, legs, shoulders and chest.
- It also smooth and make muscles toned. Removes fat build up from oblique area.