The Tripod Headstand pose if one of the most wonderful and challenging yoga pose in the entire yoga style. If you wish to practice this pose you can try this pose after sun salutations. But I must ask you to consult with your physician if you are fit for this pose or not. Because this pose is not for you, if you are suffering from any neck, arm or shoulder injuries or pain.
Try Tripod Headstand pose:
You can understand what will be the posture of this yoga from the above picture.
You should start this pose from a neutral tabletop position where you can set your hand under your shoulders and your knees under your hips directly.
Now you can slowly take the top of your head to touch the ground, maximum 6-7 inches in front of your hands and now lift your hips up that you can see you torso is vertically straight.
Now be engaged in your core as you bend the knees and try to shift your hips forward to take the feet up. Now straighten your legs properly.
You can try this pose for at least 30-40 seconds as per your choice and capability.
Take smoothly full 4-6 breaths and gently finish this pose.
Benefits of this pose:
- This pose helps you to gain core strength.
- This pose helps you to stretches your abdominal and your leg muscles.
- It is also very good for enhancing concentration and mental awareness.
- This pose improves your confidence and self-esteem as well as your body balance.
- It can help you to get rid of headache, congestion, relief stress, fatigue and constipation.