The purpose of yoga and yoga therapy is to build strength, awareness as well as harmony in life. Yoga helps strengthen your mind and body.Yoga benefits are undeniable. These days, people in different parts of the world are involving in yoga and taking yoga therapy, because they are getting benefits of yoga therapy in everyday life. According to Natalie Nevins, DO, a board-certified Osteopathic Family Physician & Certified Kundalini Yoga Instructor in Hollywood, California, explained, the main aim of yoga is to create strength and bring harmony in life.
Yoga Therapy Benefits
Benefits of yoga therapy are many. It has several health benefits, yoga can be used to heal both mind and body. While there are hundreds and thousands of yoga schools or institutions in a country, most of the yoga sessions are typically include Pranayama or Breathing Exercises, Dhayan or Meditation and other assuming postures, often called yoga postures, yoga asanas or yoga poses that help individuals stretch and flex various muscle groups. Yoga is beyond doubt a great tool for staying healthy in body and mind because it is especially based on similar principles.
Various Physical and Mental Benefits
At its outset, you must know what you can gain out of this wonder yoga practices and what the benefits of yoga therapy are. At the physical and mental level, yoga and yoga therapy and its cleansing practices have proven to be very, very effective for hundreds of disorders. To get a real sampling of how yoga benefits health issues or disorders, the below mentioned things can serve your purposes. Yoga has many benefits, but here we have discussed the five most important benefits of yoga that you can get from day 1 of yoga practice.
- Yoga increases your flexibility.
- It increases lubrication of the joints, ligaments, and tendons at the same time.
- Yoga messages all organs of the body.
- Yoga helps complete the detoxification process.
- It is an excellent way to tone up your muscles.
- Increases strength, agility, and flexibility.
- Normalizes the body weight.
- Increases the respiratory efficiencies.
- Normalizes the blood pressures.
- Greatly enhances the mental health.
Therapeutic yoga, sometimes called yoga therapy. It is defined as one of the best applications of yoga poses as well as practices to treating the several health conditions. It also involves the instruction in yogic practices as well as teachings to protect or prevent structural, mental, emotional and physical sufferings or limitations. The benefits of Yoga therapy, derived from the ancient Yoga of Patanjali and the age-old Indian Ayurveda system of healthcare, which refers to the wide adaptation as well as application of Yoga postures, poses or techniques to help people facing health issues or challenges at any level handle their condition, alleviate issues, reduce symptoms, restore the balance, enhance vitality and improve the attitude.
Yoga mainly comprises a diverse range of mind and body practices, from postural to breathing practices or Pranayama to deep breathing for relaxing and calming the mind and body, most of the time it does through meditation. The benefits of yoga therapy are inexpressible. It helps promote all-round development for mind and body and assists specific medical conditions. The therapy is good for several chronic conditions that persist despite conventional medical treatment.
Physical Benefits of Yoga Therapy
- Improves flexibility
- Builds muscle strength
- Improves your posture
- Prevents cartilage and joint-breakdown
- Improves your bone health
- Increases your blood flow and blood circulation
- Drains your lymph and boosts immunity
- Improves or ups your heart rate
- Reduces your blood pressure
- Regulates your adrenal glands
- Lowers your blood sugar
- Relaxes in your limbs
- Boost your immune functionality
- Gives your lungs space to breathe properly
- Prevents digestive issues and IBS
- Yoga is good for sinus and migraine
- Keeps allergies at bay
- Supports your connective tissues
Mental benefits of Yoga Therapy
- Makes your happier in life
- Helps you focus and improves dedication
- Calms your mind and thoughts
- Gives you peace of mind
- Maintains your nervous system
- Helps you sleep better
- Increases your self-esteem
- Eases your mental agony
- Gives you inner strength
- Helps you free from addiction
- Builds awareness for transformation
- Helps improve your relationships
- Helps you serve better to others
- Encourages self-care