Lizard Pose – Utthan Pristhasana
This is one of the most popular pose in the entire yoga style. In Sanskrit, the pose or asana named “Utthan Pristhasana”, also known as “Lizard Pose”.
- You need to start this pose from Downward Facing Dog pose.
- Now step your right foot to the outside of your right hand.
- Now bend your right knee that you can take your right thigh parallel to the ground.
- Now turn slightly your right toes outside.
- Now this is the time to come down onto the elbows and try to put a chunk below the elbows whether necessary.
- Always try to keep your neck the natural extension of the spine and push your left heel away that you can keep your hips square.
- This yoga pose calms your brain.
- Helps to stimulate your abdominal organals and your thyroid gland.
- It also helps to stretches your shoulders and spine.
- Halasana is good in relieving the symptoms of menopause.
- Helpful to relieve fatigue and stress, good for backache problems, insomnia, sinusitis and infertility.