No matter how you conscious about your regular exercise or if you avoid junk food, the matter is most of us get affected by our regular stresses, sometimes it can be anxiety or depression. But how many times we can go to a doctor to consult about our health problem?
If you have any way to make yourself fit without medicines and can get rid of regular stresses, depression and or anxiety then why should be worried about?
A few Yoga And Pranayam postures or asanas are there in the yoga style that can heal some of the common health issues.
Lotus Pose / Padmasana:
This is one of the most popular yoga postures in the entire yoga style. I hope you have already heard the name.
You can practice without any yoga expert.
- Just sit upright and straight with your legs and extend in front of you.
- Now try to bend you right leg so that you can place your foot on the left thigh. And, oppositely bend you left leg so that you can place your foot on the right thigh with both of your soles facing upwards.
- Now place both of your hand, one of the top of the other, with a ‘PRANAM’ style, just facing upwards below your navel point.
- Always keep your neck and backbone straight.
- Close your eyes and try to meditate for sometimes.
- Feel comfortable and forget everything about the past and present. Just meditate and calm you mind.
Ujjay Pranayam is a popular breath technique with a variety of yoga pose and
- You need to sit straight in Padmasana and inhale comfortably and slowly. Inhale as much as you feel comfortable.
- Now close your right nostril with your right thumb. Now exhale through your left nostril.
- Repeat it with your opposite nostril.
There are also different pranayam you can try to get rid of stress, anxiety and or depression. One of the most popular pranayam is ‘Anulom vilom Pranayam’.
This asana also known as Seated forward bend asana.
- To practice this pranayam you need to sit straight with your legs extend in front of you and your feet just next to each other.
- Now, bend forward to hold your toes properly when you are keeping your back unbending.
- Be sure that your knees do not bend and try to rest your forehead on them.
- Try to hold for at least 5-6 seconds.
- Now return back to your original position
- This yoga posture helps you to improve your back pain and cramps.
Vajrasana / Thunderbolt Pose:
Vajrasana is a very popular pose and easy too. In Sanskrit it is called Vajrasana and also knows as Adamantine pose, Kneeling Pose, Thunderbolt Pose and Diamond.
- Sit straight and extend with your legs out.
- Always try to fold your legs so that your feet can be at the sides of your buttocks with the sole facing upwards.
- Remember that your butt should be resting between your heels.
- Now you can place your hand in your knees. Maintain your backbone and neck straight.
- Feel comfortable and relax.
- If you try this yoga posture after your meal, it will help you get rid of constipation issues and also helpful for headaches.
- This yoga pose is also good for migraine.
This yoga pose is also known as Head to Knee pose.
- Sit straight and extend with your legs out.
- Keep your right leg bend so that your right sole is on your left thigh, just against your lower abdomen.
- Now raise your hands over your head. Inhale properly.
- Rest your forehead to your left knee as you try to reach your left toe with your left hand while your right hand is on the floor near your back.
- Now try to touch your right elbow on to the floor when you do it.
- This yoga posture will help you to relax in your mind and helpful for your better sleep.
In Sanskrit this yoga pose is called Chakrasana and also know as wheel pose, one of the most popular yoga pose in the entire yoga style.
- Stand straight with your feet.
- Straight your arms on your side.
- Now raise your right arms up on your head, so that it can be very near to your right ear and your palm face towards the left.
- Now you need to bend your torso towards your left as your left hand slides down your left thigh.
- Keep your knees and back straight when you do it.
- Try to hold in this position for at least 5-6 seconds and try for the other side.
- This yoga posture stretches your back and sides. Gives strength your shoulders, arms and knees. It is also helpful to increase our lung capacity.
Pavanmuktasana / Wind Relieving Pose:
Renowned pose in the entire yoga style.
- Lie comfortably on your back.
- Now raise your legs and fold them and try to bring your legs just close to your body, just near to your chest.
- Now try to raise your head slowly and comfortably to touch your knees.
- Stay in this position for at least 5-6 seconds and release.
- This yoga pose helps you to cure bloating.
Halasana / Plow Pose:
- Lie down on your back with your palm face downwards.
- Raise your legs up to form a 90 degree to the floor.
- Now try to bend them backwards slowly and comfortably that you can see your feet are behind your head and your toes nearly touching the floor.
- Try to hold in this position for at least 5-6 seconds and come back to the original posture.
- This yoga pose is helpful for constipation, liver problems and obesity.
Sarvangasana / Shoulderstand Pose:
- To practice Sarvangasana, try to do the entire steps defined in Halasana till you raise your legs to form of 90 degrees to the floor.
- And, then support your hips and push your hips and legs with your hands on your buttocks.
- Try to stay in this position for at least 5-6 seconds and come back slowly and comfortably on the ground.
Matsyasana / Fish Pose:
Fish pose is very popular in the entire yoga style. This pose is performed with the legs in padmasana. This asana is not for all. This asana is for advanced level students not for beginners. Though beginners can try this asana but this yoga is a bit difficult for all for the first time.
- You need to lie on your back on the ground and bent your knees, feet on the ground. Now inhale and try to lift your pelvis off the ground from your yoga mat, now slide your hands, down your palms, below your buttocks. Now you should rest your buttocks on the back of your hands.
- Now inhale and try to push up your forearms and elbows against the ground. Lift your head and upper torso away from the ground, now it is the time to release your head back onto the ground. It is fully depending on how up you can arch your back and lift your chest.
- Try to avoid crunching your neck.
- You can stay in this pose for 20 seconds, but not more than that. Breathe smoothly.
Benefits of Fish Pose:
This is a great pose to prevent different diseases.
- It stretches the deep hip flexors and makes muscle stronger between the ribs.
- Stimulate the muscles and organs of belly, throat, upper back, back of the neck and front portion of your neck.