Have you lost a considerate amount of weight and aren’t able to lose those ten pounds?
Have you been working out for so long, but unable to lose weight?
Let’s have a look at some of the reasons!
Losing weight is not an easy task; you have to sacrifice your favorite food, curb the cravings, and leave the comfort zone – to shed those stubborn fats. If you have a lot of weight, then losing the last ten pounds becomes a daunting task. But if you only have to lose ten pounds, it still becomes difficult to lose that weight.
Well, there could be a number of reasons and factors associated with it. The diet you have chosen for your workout regime, maybe not suit you or the exercises you are doing are not compatible with your body. In this case, you need to take a suggestion from your trainer, and the trainer would help you with the workout regime and the diet.
Why won’t you lose weight?
As dietician says, after losing a significant amount of weight, your metabolism slows down. Metabolism comes from energy or calories – your body burns during the day. The more your metabolism slows down – it becomes harder for you to keep shedding weight.
Metabolism becomes down due to many reasons. If a person is dieting, then it deprives the body of energy, which should be accustomed to it; after sensing that the calorie intake has dropped, the body slips into a kind of energy conversation mode. Because of this those ten pounds become stubborn to lose. Stop being on diet and instead opt for weight losing foods or low-calorie food, along with a proper workout.
By changing small habits related to your diet and exercise regime, your body and metabolism will boost with a considerate amount of time. Some of the changes you have to do in your routine include:
Keep a record of what you eat
A person on diet should keep a food journal so that you know what you are eating and the number of calories you are eating for the day. A detailed food journal will help you to achieve that weight loss goal, and you will surely improve your plan. Always review your journal for:
- How many times are you eating in a day? It will help you to know your cravings, and always curb those cravings by eating healthy and low-calorie snacks.
- Stop eating those processed and fry snacks, and opt for steam cook food, with water instead of oil. For sauces, try mustard on the sandwich rather than mayonnaise, and drizzle fat-free dressing on your salad.
- High-calorie drinks, like – soda, cold drinks, sweetened or flavored milk, sweet tea, alcohol, and juices should be replaced by water, low-fat milk or sugar-free drinks.
- Don’t go for the large size of food; instead, have small meals multiple times in a day.
- You can opt for high-calorie additions to low-calorie foods, like – skip cheese and nuts on salads, or butter on potatoes.
Walk, walk and walk little more!
- Adding 2000 steps to your day can help you to shed a lot of fat from the body; so strap a pedometer to your hand, and walk more.
- Attach the device to the front of your belt or waist band, lining it up with your kneecap. Wear it for 3 days, and find the average number of steps you are taking for a day.
- Make 2000 steps per day your target; you can have a walk at your lunch hour, choose stairs over elevators, park a few blocks away, or walk around an indoor mall.
- Work up to 10,000 steps per day, and you can make it equal to an hour of workout.
Eat low-calorie foods, which are filling
Replace the food you eat with low-calorie and large volume that will keep you full for a long time.
- Increase the vegetable intake, and this food habit will help you keep the calorie density low. This will trick you to feel full and your cravings will be limited to calorie density. Choose foods with a lot of water in them, like vegetables, fruits, and soup – they are nutritious, low in calories, and water abundance. They are effective in weight loss program. Include lean protein in your meals.
- Increase your intake of veggies in dishes like casseroles or stews.
- Soup is a great way to start and accounts for less than 200 calories, which will reduce your calorie intake from the main course by 20 percent.
- Eating a raw apple before the meal will keep you full for a long time, and it will cut down on your calorie consumption by 15 percent.
Push yourself, when you workout
Working out to lose weight is surely a great way, but the wrong exercise may not account for you to lose weight.
- Include high-intensity interval training or HIIT in your workout regime; involve short bursts of intense exercise, like – hard running or sprinting, instead of jogging, followed by short periods of rest.
- HIIT is very helpful, and can really boost calorie- burn after the workout. Perform this exercise, and you will surely lose weight as it speeds up the metabolism.
- If you are not losing weight, then it’s time for you to trade your leisurely morning two-miler for a more intense aerobic workout.
- According to experts, aim for 2:1 workout to rest ratio, for an effective workout for weight loss. If you run hard for a minute, then take a 30-second break.
These tips will help you to complete your weight loss program, and you will lose those last ten pounds. If you are still facing some issue, then take advice from your trainer.