‘Meditation’ – most of us have heard of this word, but only a handful of us really know what it really is. And, we can’t help but ask, “Why do people spend 10-20 minutes of their clock-tied lives on a therapy that does not sound real, does not require a registered training or any kind of expensive equipment to perform?” Even though the answer lies right in front of our eyes – ‘Because it is highly beneficial’, we refuse to believe it.
We have been led to believe that the best things in life are never free. And, ‘benefits of meditation for better health’, just seems so simple, inexpensive that it appears good to be true. Well, it isn’t! It really is that good and, this is true. A truth, verified, stamped and approved by scientists all over the world. Now, that we have scientifically stamped the benefits of meditation to be a science, an eternal science, it is advisable that you acknowledge its immense, larger-than-life benefits. And, why one should indulge in meditation for better health.
To proceed in the same direction, let us take a look at the major facts that demonstrate why meditation and health are so strongly linked with each other and certainly the benefits of meditation:
Mental Health Benefits of Meditation
- One of the most sought-after reasons why meditation is so widely popular and functional in the world is because of the fact that it decreases ‘depression’.
- Increases the power of mind and helps us concentrate better.
- Meditation has been proven to reduce the symptoms of panic disorder, relieve anxiety and prevents mood swings from becoming volatile by increasing serotonin level in the brain.
- It increases the concentration of gray matter in the brain and leads to high intelligence, sharper cognitive ability.
- Helps with sleep-deprivation even with lesser sleep hours
- Meditation keeps you mentally calm and sated.
- It increases performance at work.
- Practiced as a primary healing tool, mediation is known for helping traumatized people deal with their pain.
- It builds resilience and emotional strength.
- Keeps you attentive and glued.
- With regular practice of meditation, the mind begins to age at a slower rate.
- Increases the ability of the mind to find solutions to the most complex of problems.
- Develops patience, and tolerance.
- Reduces the tendency to worry or feel nervous.
- Develops a person into a more balanced version of themselves.
Physical Health Benefits of Meditation
- Meditation is an outstanding remedy to reverse the aging process of skin as it keeps the skin cells from degrading.
- It keeps the blood pressure under control and helps manage coronary issues.
- Meditation aids in building resistance against feeling physical pain.
- People who have suffered any kind of injury can highly benefit through regular practice of meditation.
- The benefits of meditation help prevent asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Decreases muscle tension and increases exercise tolerance as well.
- Helps treat premenstrual syndrome and menopausal symptoms
- Improves blood circulation and increases oxygen supply to vital organs of the body.
- The benefits of meditation help with post-surgery mental and physical healing.
- Cures infertility
- Improves respiration and manages oxygen consumption in the body.
- Balances the entire endocrine system.
- Helps you live longer.
Spiritual Health Benefits of Meditation
- Regular practice of meditation helps create a sense of self-awareness. A person feels more connected to his soul, and the environment around them.
- It is known to enhance creative skills as the deep practice of meditation alerts the Kundalini chakra (source of creativity and intuition) in your body.
- One of the benefits of mediation is, it helps you discover the true meaning and purpose in life.
- You are able to direct yourself on the right path with much more ease and clarity.
- Provides an increased sense of self-actualization.
- Harmonizes your body, your mind, and your spirit.
- Takes you to the pinnacle of enlightenment.
- Makes you wise and knowledgeable
- Inculcates a happier and stronger attitude towards life.
- A deeper understanding of others.
- You shall experience a sense of ‘oneness’ with the universe and with yourself.
Meditation is not a wonder pill that magically treats or heals anything and everything at any given point of time. It is a science and the benefits of meditation that helps you manage quite a number of shortcomings in your life. It puts your life into a whole new perspective that provokes you to live longer and better.
Meditate for a healthy life. Meditate to be a better version of you.