Are you suffering from sciatica pain? Do you want to tone your pelvic muscles? Are you searching for yoga poses that can help in sexual disorders? Do you want to know which yoga is the best yoga for relaxing the mind and relieving depression? If all your answers are “yes”, then you have certainly come to the right place.
Relax The Mind And Relieve Depression: Benefits Of Hare Pose / Rabbit Pose
Rabbit Pose is a good pose for mothers with newborns. Rabbit pose also feeds your nervous system with fresh oxygen and blood. If you want to rejuvenate your thyroid and parathyroid glands, balancing and regulating your body’s metabolism and calcium, then practice this yoga.
Here, in this pose, we will tell you all about Hare or Rabbit Pose. This pose is called Shashankasana.
After reading this article, you will learn how to perform Rabbit Pose or Hare Pose. In Sanskrit which is called “Shashankasana”.
How to Do Rabbit Pose / Hare Pose or Shashankasana – Step By Step Practice
- Let’s start by sitting on your heels. Now exhale all the air out and grab your heels with the back of your hands facing out, so to the thumbs outside, and fingers inside.
- Now engage your core and round down. Also, place the TOP of your head on the ground towards your knees so that you can touch your forehead onto your knees.
- Now lift your hips high, and roll forward like a wheel until your elbows are locked.
- Inhale, pull on your heels with a firm grip of your hands and exhale, go deeper and deeper.
- Stay here in this position for at least 5 breaths. After that slowly come up the same way you came in.
- Now inhale, and roll up one vertebra at a time, chins and head come up last, releasing the hands.
Benefits of Practicing Hare Pose (Rabbit Pose) or Shashankasana
Hare or Rabbit pose is an astonishing way that allows your stay at peace from inside out. It helps you to attain a strong and flexible body with glowing skin. With this yoga pose, you can perform several other postures to get a sense of happiness and self-sufficiency.
Hare Pose (Rabbit Pose) or Shashankasana helps you gain strength to the upper portion of your body, including the spine as well as postural muscles that release pressure on the spinal nerves. Rabbit pose supplies blood to the brain and sensory organs. Thus it improves concentration, memory and induces relaxation. The pose resembles the fetal position, which creates a sense of security as well as a feeling of surrender. If you feel emotionally unbalanced or have difficulty controlling your frustration and anger, then the rabbit pose can be the best pose for you.