Shilajit which is also known as Mumijo is a black, sticky as well as thick tar-like biomass / substance whose colour ranges from white to light brown and from light brown to dark brown. Shilajit is usually available in white to light brown colour but it is less common in dark brown colour. Shilajit is a safe and effective supplement that is prepared due to slow decomposition of the plants over a year.
Shilajit / shilajeet is very well-known across the globe by its different names and benefits of Shilajit is many. Some names of Shilajit in different languages are written as follows:
- Mineral Wax or Mineral Pitch (English)
- Asphaltum punjabianum or Black Asphaltum (Latin)
- Badha-naghay (Burushaski)
- Baad-a-ghee (Wakhi)
- Mumiyo (Russian)
- Barahshin, Dorobi, Shargai and Baragshun (Mongolian)
- Mummenayyee (Farsi)
- Tasmayi (Kazakh)
- Brag zhun (Tibetan)
- Wu ling zhi or chao-tong (Chinese)
- Arkhar-tash (Kyrgyz)
Shilajit is considered as one of the most useful as well as effective natural supplement which improves overall health of a person. Shilajit is mainly found in the Himalayan regions. Ayurveda is using this natural supplement in herbal remedies from more than 3,000 years because it has a huge range of positive health effects.
Reasons behind Shilajit effectiveness:
One of the major reasons behind the effectiveness of Shilajit and the benefits of Shilajit is that it contains large amounts of fulvic acid. Fulvic acid is a type of acid that improves gut’s ability of a person to absorb essential minerals and nutrients from the food. Shilajit also boosts immunity, increases energy levels, reduces inflammation and improves digestion of the body. In addition to these benefits, it also contains many essential minerals such as Calcium, Selenium, Iron and Zinc. Shilajit is also very rich in Phospholipids, Terpenoids and Vitamins.
Benefits of Shilajit on the health of women:
There is a common misunderstanding about this wonderful supplement that it is only useful to improve men sexual health but this natural supplement has many health benefits for females as well. In this article, we will discuss about different health benefits of this wonderful natural supplement on the health of females. This wonderful supplement can improve the Uterine, Fertility and Ovary functions.
1. Elevate amount of Red Blood Cells and Hematocrit: Anemia in women due to the deficiency of Iron is a major factor behind maternal mortality and Morbidity. However, Shilajit is an effective natural supplement which improves the health status of females with anemia. When Studies were conducted on Controlled group of women then researchers evaluated that management with pure Shilajit increases the level of Red blood cells, Hematocrit and Hemoglobin in females body. In women excess loss of iron is due to menstruation. Thus, women are more prone to the deficiency of iron i.e. anemia. Mumijo is a major source of iron when it is taken as a supplement, it also increases the level of Hematocrit as well as Hemoglobin and normalizes the loss of iron during menstrual bleeding.
2. Increase Bone Strength: In females after menopause the bone mineral density decreased and the risk of bone fracture increased to a great extent. However, Shilajit decreases the risk of bone fragility and improves the mineral density of bones by increasing the transfer of minerals such as Phosphate, calcium and Magnesium into the Muscle tissues and Bones. It further improves the process of bone healing and also boosts the action of hormones. Apart from this, it also enhances the deposition of calcium in the bones around 2 folds. Therefore, females should take shilajit during menstruation.
3. Alleviates the Risk of Arthritis in females: Studies have shown that the females are more prone to problem of arthritis that mainly affects the joints.The essential component of shilajit i.e. Fulvic acid has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.Females suffering from arthritis have high levels of pro-inflammatory compounds in their bodies and antioxidants properties of Shilajit removes free Chemicals or radicals from the body. Management with Shilajit supplements reduces stiffness of joints, redness and pain.
4. Improves Fertility: (3) Infertility has a negative impact on physical and mental health of females. Abnormal menstrual cycle in women can increase the chances of infertility. Shilajit Treatment can regulate the cycle of menstruation and lead a positive effect on the reproductive health of females. It also increases the flow of blood rich in Oxygen and Nutrient to the reproductive organs. It also increases Detoxification as well as Cleansing properties of the reproductive organs. Females who are obese and overweight may suffer from imbalacing of hormones which can affect their ovulation. Shilajit can help in balancing of those hormones. Moreover, it slows down the accumulation of unnecessary fat in female’s body.
5. Decreases Stress: It is often seen that many women these days are suffering from Stress and Anxiety. This natural supplement aka Shilajit reduces Stress and Anxiety with it mind calming effects. Shilajit also improves memory as well as sleep and decrease Anxiety. Apart from this, it also increases the production of happy hormones. These hormones induce a feeling of well-being and also increases appetite. Shilajit also provides protection to the brain from free radical attack. It prevents the destruction of brain cells and helps in reducing the Anxiety and
6. Improves Health of Skin: Very few people know that Shilajit has more antioxidant capacity as compared to blue berries. Antioxidant property of Shilajit not only lowers the oxidative stress in females but also block the action of unstable molecules i.e. free radicals. These free radicals can damage the proteins present in the skin and also cause premature aging such as Wrinkles, Dark Spots, and Uneven skin tone etc in females. It also prevents the penetration of harmful toxins into the skin Thus, Shilajit is effective against many life-threatening diseases.
7. Prevention of Alzheimer’s Diseases: After menopause, the risk of Alzheimer’s disease in females increases because the level of estrogen plunged down to a great extent. Therefore, they are more prone to Alzheimer’s disease in comparison with men. Shilajit is a natural supplement which can easily manage and prevent Alzheimer’s disease. Fulvic acid of Shilajit improves cognitive powers of the brain which decreased to a great extent during Alzheimer’s disease. It also inhibits the deposition of plaques in the brain. These plaques can easily cause the death of cells that leads to the onset of this disease. Besides this, antioxidant property of Shilajit protects the brain cells from free radicals.
From all these things it is cleared that the benefits of shilajit is a perfect brain food, which improves concentration as well as memory of brain.
- Can a healthy woman take Shilajit or not?
- Of Course a healthy women can also take it.
- Which time is best to take Shilajit is it morning or evening?
- The best time to take it is when stomach is empty in the morning
- Q. How much time shilajit takes to show its effects?
- According to reports Shilajit improved stamina and energy levels within 10 days.
- Q. Is it increase the level of testosterone or not?
- Yes, if it consumed on a regular basis for 9 months.
- Q. How to take shilajit – with milk or water?
- Its powder can be taken after dissolving in water or milk.
- Q. What is the name of shilajit in English?
- Mineral Wax or Mineral Pitch.
- Q. Is it good for Bone Strength?
A. Yes, it improves Bone Strength by increasing the transfer of minerals.
Dr.Vikram Chauhan, MD – AYURVEDA is an expert Ayurvedic practitioner based in Chandigarh, India and doing his practice in Mohali, India. He is spreading the knowledge of Ayurveda Ancient healing treatment, not only in India but also abroad. He is the CEO and Founder of Planet Ayurveda Products, Planet Ayurveda Clinic, and Krishna Herbal Company.