Want to know the Benefits of Dolphin Push Up Pose? Here, in this blog we will tell you about dolphin push up pose, how to do it and what are the Benefits of Dolphin Push Up Pose.
Dolphin push up pose is one of the most significant yoga styles, which combines the dolphin pose from yoga. This pose is a muscle pumping action which helps to build up strength in the upper part of your body, especially in your chest and arms area without straining your wrists.
- Push- ups often can put strain on the wrists area, but dolphin push- ups make you able to rest on your forearms, when you use to lift your body weight and work your core.
Instructions to do this step: At first start on your hands and knee to get into the pose. Then align your wrists directly under your shoulders and knees beneath your butts. Then put your elbows down onto the floor directly below your shoulders and clasp your hands together. Now keep your forearms parallel to each other to the side edges or your mat. You have to divide your body weight evenly across both on your forearms. Keep breathing in this position.
- Facing forward, put your feet at hip distance apart. Then lift your hips toward ceiling and straighten your legs.
- Be careful not to extend your knees too much. You do not need to keep your feet completely flat on the floor, yet your heels should stretch for it.
- Now keep your thighs lifted and do not let your butts sink and press your butt upward and backward. Now if your butt sticks up in the air, then realign your body.
- Then contract your abdominal and pulled in your pelvic floor muscles toward your spine.
- You have to keep your head in line with your spine. Now broaden across your shoulder blades and collarbone. Gaze between your hands.
- Then press the front of your thighs up toward ceiling and lengthen your tailbone toward your heels.
- Now swing forward like a plank and it depends on how far your feet are from your elbows. And swing your upper body backward unless you are back into the starting position, and breathe out as you move.
- You have to hold this pose for five breaths. To release dolphin push-up pose, slowly lower onto your knees and get back into child’s pose to take rest. You can repeat up to 10 times.
Advance practitioners and those people, who practice this pose to build up stamina, can hold this pose up to 5 minutes.
Benefits of Dolphin push up pose: Dolphin push-up pose helps to build strength through resistance of body’s weight. This pose strengthens arms, legs, core muscles. It also helps to stretch shoulders, hamstrings, calves and feet.